Thursday, October 1, 2009

It's over

Well, I made it for 30 days - not the intentioned 90.  I feel a bit sad today, and so far I've not consumed anything solid - just can't get through that barrier.  I've drunk some OJ and a green juice.

Anyhow -  down to business - weight this morning is 62.4kg (137.5lb), which makes my total loss for the month 6.2kg (13.6lb).

So the first thing to be aware of is that it isn't a hugely dramatic weightloss when you consider the first couple of kilos came off within the first few days.  This, I believe to be a good thing;  it means it's not a starvation diet by any stretch of the imagination.  More about that later.

Now, the before and after pics:  Here I am on day one



Here I am today, after 30 days of mainly green juices.


Quite an improvement!!

Apart from the obvious weight loss, I can tell you that my skin has improved, I'm sleeping much better, my mind is clear and able to focus on the task at hand;  also my fitness has improved and my overall mood is much more positive.  I'm so happy about that, because the goal was never simply weight-loss - it was health gains that I was after, along with a way to shake off some poor dietary habits which had been creeping in.

I think this has been a great way to break those bad food habits and instill a feeling of cleanliness in my body - certainly I've no desire or appetite to rush out and stuff myself with junk food.  Why put in all of this effort and feel this great, and then go out and ruin it?

I feel very committed to continuing to feed myself clean, healthy whole foods.  Luckily I have my raw chef training to guide me, so I have a good knowledge of how to eat well.  I know this is a stumbling block for many people new to eating in this way;  the question of just what CAN I eat arises and causes problems all too often.  I want to help people to find a new way to eat well, teach them good nutrition, how and where to shop, what to prepare and practical ways to achieve a clean, healthy diet.

During the feast I did a nutritional breakdown of just what I was consuming.  I'll post that next.

Let me just end with saying that I feel so incredibly grateful to have had this experience and the support of my family, which enabled me to do it.

Perhaps I will do this each September.

No comments:

Post a Comment